Learn about Kwanzaa and the kinara here.
How to do:
- 6 craft rolls (or toilet paper rolls)
- 1 paper towel roll
- Red, black, and green construction paperOrange tissue paper
- Glue the red construction paper around 3 of the craft rolls, and the green construction paper around the other 3.
- Glue the black construction paper around the paper towel roll.
- Add the orange tissue paper to the top to create a flame effect.
“Li’l Rabbit’s Kwanzaa” by Donna L. Washington is about Li’l Rabbit’s adventure to find the perfect Karamu for his sick Granna. As he searches, he runs into neighbors that he tells about his plan. They don’t know what Karamu is, but they know how important and helpful Granna Rabbit is to them. At the end, Li’l Rabbit comes home defeated, only to find his neighbors has created the perfect Karamu.